Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Forum Guidelines infringements

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 385 in total
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #1
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

As some posters seem not to be aware of the forum guidelines and rules, this thread will be dedicated to those rules breaches in order to bring their unconscious mind into some consciousness ...

All contributions are welcomed.

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #2

Bob D wrote:
Wow. You are just an idiot everywhere you go, aren't you?

Dear Mr Bob D,

As you are new in this forum, maybe it would be useful to remind you the guidelines of this forum, especially the first rule:

1. Courtesy. Be friendly and considerate when talking to your fellow posters. Anyone who engages in aggression will be suspended. Examples of aggressive behavior include name-calling, riling, ribbing, taunting, hounding, mobbing, etc

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #3

Jack Pine wrote:
Would you please seriously consider going back to the Tolle site, if there is one, and please take Jean and Tom (who is also a "paine" in the ass) with you?

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #4

Jack Pine wrote:

Jean Gatti wrote:
From what I understand,

What you understand could fit in a thimble with room left over for a Buick.

I see that you once again make the choice of disparaging others and indulge in endless personal attacks and insults.

So once more I have to remind you the first rule of the guidelines Jack, hope you can find some wisdom in this, though I doubt it personally:

1. Courtesy. Be friendly and considerate when talking to your fellow posters. Anyone who engages in aggression will be suspended. Examples of aggressive behavior include name-calling, riling, ribbing, taunting, hounding, mobbing, etc

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #5
Thumb_stringio b. teulada Portugal 495 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jean Gatti wrote:
thread will be dedicated to ....alt text

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #6
Thumb_stringio Pandavi X Brazil 1644 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jeez Jean, you sure are "easily irritated by others!"

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #7

Pandavi X wrote:

Jean Gatti wrote:
Purpose of life can only be found in the now ... so carpe diem ... enjoy life ... it happens here and now ...

That is another bullshit statement, Jean.

I don't think qualifying postings as 'bullshit' to be respectful of other posters ... do you ?

??

Why resist 'what is' ?

Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #8

Jean Gatti wrote:
I don't think qualifying postings as 'bullshit' to be respectful of other posters ... do you ?

I don't think stating agreement and then saying the opposite is respectful either, Jean. It twists the sense of what the other's meaning is with a mixture of condescending sweetness and attempted manipulation of minds.

That aside, I have a great deal of respect for real bullshit. It's the 'frothing at the mouth' kind I despise.

Your statement that: "Purpose of life can only be found in the now ... so carpe diem ... enjoy life ... it happens here and now" is certainly froth.

Anyhow, you did write:

Jean Gatti wrote: All contributions welcome

. . . and that MUST include those that some "easily irritated" posters find lacking the respect they feel their worth.

This post was last updated by Pandavi X (account deleted) Fri, 11 Apr 2014.

Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #9
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5853 posts in this forum Offline

Jean, your very presence on this site is a violation of decency, intelligence, objectivity, self-awareness and fair play.

Jean, when you die they can give you an enema and bury you in a match box.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #10

Jean Gatti wrote:
As some posters seem not to be aware of the forum guidelines and rules

THERE is the arrogance, right THERE!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #11

All those egos playing the victims, always complaining and whining ... how pathetic really !

Learn to be quiet, I cannot say it enough ... enjoy the present moment ... why feed such negativity ? ... what are you defending so fiercely ?

??

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #12

Jean Gatti wrote:
All those egos playing the victims, always complaining and whining

. . . starting threads claiming "forum infringements," acting like "Guardians of the Temple" and second-tier forum administrators, telling people to get "professional help," claiming all who disagrees to be driven by ego-desires . . .

Sound familiar?

Get a grip, Gatti. Try silence.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #13
Thumb_avatar Peter Kesting United States 1228 posts in this forum Offline

Why are you all so upset?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #14

Peter Kesting wrote:
Why are you all so upset?

Egos are acting up, Peter. They have been 'infringed.'

Ah, but life is there, at the fringes.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 #15

Jean Gatti wrote:
I cannot say it enough .

Then don't say it at all. Do it.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 #16

Jean Gatti wrote:
Why such an emotional response Paul ?

Don't worry, Jean, you are only identifying with your own projection of me. The emotion is all yours. Try to be quiet. I can't say this often enuff.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 #17

Pandavi X wrote:
Jeez, what an 'expert' you are, Jean. Freud's whole thesis was that it was the repression of sexual drives that led to neurosis, not sex itself. You really are the King of know-nothing expertise.

Another example of your respect of other posters Paul ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 #18

Jean Gatti wrote:
Another example of your respect of other posters Paul ...

Ex nihilo nihil fit.

"What you say here is a distorted perception resulting from your own projection of a frustrated and conditioned human being wanting others to suffer because he suffers himself and behaves as a victim in life ..." Jean Gatti, Sept 10 2013

"Maybe you could look for some 'professional' (or even 'spiritual') guidance ?" ibid

This post was last updated by Pandavi X (account deleted) Sat, 12 Apr 2014.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 #19

Jean Gatti wrote:
More name-calling again ...

Just referring to your visible form, which is not who you are. No wish to offend, just saying something fishy swims among the formless waves. Be at one with your inner-fish, Gatti.

This post was last updated by Pandavi X (account deleted) Sun, 13 Apr 2014.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 #20

Jack Pine wrote:

Jean Gatti wrote:
Now would you like to show us your third problem Jack ? I'm quite sure it will show up pretty soon now ... you are so predictible ... I can read in you like in a book ...

Jean, you are just a mean-spirited bitch who desperately needs to get laid. You spend all day every day on this forum repeating yourself endlessly and to what end?

Come on Jack, some courtesy would be useful here ... may I kindly remind you the first rule of the guidelines ? Why always show up your violent nature when facing some small contradictions ? Haven't you got any control on yourself ?

??

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 #21

Jean Gatti wrote:
your violent nature

name calling!!!!!

building images!!!!!

infringement!!!!!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 #22

Jean Gatti wrote:
Here showing your childish nature Paul ... K in der Garten level ...

Mirroring Gatti

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 #23

Jack Pine wrote:
Jean I have a serious question for you. Are you ashamed of being a woman and is that why you are posing as a man? Maybe you should think about consulting someone professional about this?

Gender-specific pejorative terms

Gender-specific pejorative terms intimidate or harm another person because of their gender. Sexism can be expressed in language with negative gender-oriented implications, such as condescension. Other examples include obscene language. Some words are offensive to transgender people, including "tranny", "she-male", or "he-she". Intentional misgendering (assigning the wrong gender to someone) and the pronoun "it" are also considered pejorative.

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 #24

Tom Paine wrote:

Pandavi X wrote:
It is not even that the emotional reaction is immediate. That still implies separation from the perception itself and carries the connotation of an original, 'pure' perception, adulterated by emotion. And I do not find that to be the case. But you and Max press on regardless, and in that pressing on with what you consider the important issues (having already decided the truth of your prejudgements), you regard all who do not go on the same path as being somehow an interruption to your process.

Sorry for the interruption your particular 'path', P., but I choose to stay on the topic we were discussing with Aseem. You've gone off in you're own direction, as you always do. I think this is deliberate trolling on your part, so I will part company with you here. Hopefully Aseem will return to this thread that he started so we can get back on track.

Correct Tom, this is Paul's usual modus operandi. I will report this as an infringement of the guidelines ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 #25

Jean Gatti wrote:
Quoting James: "I think this is deliberate trolling on your part"

Name-calling, ribbing, taunting, harassing etc etc. Take you puck.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 #26

Pandavi X wrote:

Jean Gatti wrote:
Quoting James: "I think this is deliberate trolling on your part"

Name-calling, ribbing, taunting, harassing etc etc. Take you puck.

Paul, I do hope you have the intelligence to see the difference between saying to someone "What you have done is stupid" and "you are a stupid ass" ...

Do you ?

??

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 #27
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3181 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
Paul, I do hope you have the intelligence to see the difference between saying to someone "What you have done is stupid" and "you are a stupid ass" ...

Exactly, Jean. Some names are simply descriptions of harmful or hurtful behavior. Trolling is intentionally disrupting/derailing a discussion between forum members with various behaviors. There's a difference between calling someone who steals from you a thief, and calling them an idiot.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 #28

Tom Paine wrote:
Trolling is intentionally disrupting/derailing a discussion between forum members with various behaviors.

Well, you have called me "Troll" several times, Tom. I would say that is name calling.

Wikipedia: "Application of the term troll is subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. Like any pejorative term, it can be used as an ad hominem attack, suggesting a negative motivation."

Tom, Often on Knet when a subject is started, posters do not question the question but jump immediately to their favorite K-catchphrase and proceed from there. This sets the topic in stone. The moment you start from an assumption all your do from that point is to justify your assumption in every way. And this is what happens here.

I do understand that I may be a minority of one here, but I usually am struck by the paucity of self-awareness of posters. I often feel it is important to try to make explicit what a question misses in order to go deeper, in the spirit of negation. In this respect I usually meet a good deal of resistance. Posters prefer to press on with their discussion rather than go back and question the assumptions upon which it stands. My position is variously called, "nit-picking," "analysis," "trolling," "intentional disruption" and so on.

The movement from discussion to name calling of this kind is testimony to the intolerance people show, in general, and also here on Knet, to having their cherished assumptions questioned. That is how I see it. Controversy is resented and every effort made to thwart it. Wikipedia is right about that.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 #29

Tom Paine wrote:
There's a difference between calling someone who steals from you a thief, and calling them an idiot.

There is a difference between calling someone who questions your assumptions an annoyance (subjective) and calling them a Troll (engaged in deliberate disruption).

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 #30

Pandavi X wrote:

Jack Pine wrote:
But Mina, you're a thinker just like we are.

Yeah, but Jack, it's all about branding. You brand your shit, I brand my shit and Mina brands her shit . . . Jean's needs no branding. It speaks for itself.

Use of vulgar language ...

Rule #3

3. Substance. The main purpose of this forum is to for you to discuss the proposals Krishnamurti raised in his talks and writings. Please bear that in mind.

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 385 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)