Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Big images

Displaying posts 241 - 270 of 416 in total
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 #241
Thumb_stringio Katy Alias United Kingdom 378 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jack Pine wrote:
Now can we go back to discussing what K pointed out instead of deifying John?

:)

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 #242
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Katy Alias wrote:

Jean Gatti wrote:
Curious indeed ... do what I tell but don't do what I do ...

:-)

This argument is already difficult enough. Jean, without you jumping in to try to push more buttons. Give it a rest. (Thanks).

No argument Katy, just a small reminder of the Golden Rule:

"Do not do to others what you would not like others etc ..."

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 #243
Thumb_stringio Pavil Davidov Poland 4402 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Katy Alias wrote:
Sorry I told Paul off.

That's fine Katy . . . apology accepted. But you were right in the sense that it does not help to state the obvious. People have pain enough. In any case, I've had enough of it. I asked John a number of times not to respond to my post but like Jean in the past, he carried on regardless. Well, I won't respond to him or to Steve any more. They show no respect.

How are you managing with the winter, by the way? Are you managing to get out for walks? It's in the 30's here but I'm stuck indoors with a stinking cold. My daughter and grand daughters are living across the road now so we see them every day. They've got school places. Their father found work. Tam has some teaching, so they'll be alright.

I just bought a bike and am looking forward to using it each day, soon as I'm better.

p

"Wherever you go, there you are." Insight from Mullah Nasruddin

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 #244

Jean Gatti wrote:
just a small reminder of the Golden Rule:

Fine, but remember Dev's rules too.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 #245
Thumb_stringio John Perkins United Kingdom 1094 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Pavil Davidov wrote:
That's fine Katy . . . apology accepted. But you were right in the sense that it does not help to state the obvious. People have pain enough. In any case, I've had enough of it. I asked John a number of times not to respond to my post but like Jean in the past, he carried on regardless. Well, I won't respond to him or to Steve any more.

218 #(iii)... (Poor Paul; the 'I' is always the victim).

Dialogue mirrors relationship; who can't, has none.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 #246
Thumb_stringio steve sds United States 746 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

From Jacks post 248

Steve "i have nothing further to say to you two"

Jack "Promise? Well I guess not you have already started haranguing Paul again. You're playing Sancho Panza to John's Don Quixote it appears. Good luck with that."

I am always learning and i admit when i err, make a mistake. I did make one here, i did indeed say i was done with these two and continued to harangue Paul or whatever you would like to call it in this post which i have now edited to post this instead. So Jack was right in this case, i looked and saw what i did and corrected it. I never said i was consistent nor perfect. I do the best i can.

So thank you for pointing that out and on that note, i will try again, to stay away from you two and let you continue on in your own ways.

This post was last updated by steve sds (account deleted) Sat, 17 Jan 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #247
Thumb_stringio John Perkins United Kingdom 1094 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Pavil Davidov wrote:
That's fine Katy . . . apology accepted. ... I won't respond to [John] or to Steve any more. They show no respect.

Well Katy, you must surely feel as honoured at your apology's acceptance as I felt at being advised (at #16 here) that the only thing needed for our (Paul's and mine) relationship to improve was for me to change my ways.

You have said, Katy, that I seem to object to Paul's ego; it's not quite true. We all suffer from that monkey on our back and it would be churlish and hypocritical for any of us to finger-point on account of it. What, in Paul, I think I object to really boils down to a combination of two things: the aggressive dominance of that ego factor in his personage, and his total blindness to it. One would think (hope or expect even) that there might at some point be a sufficiency of indicating it for it to become seen; with Paul there just never is.

I see that the cause of this is the potency of his intellect. It lends him total belief in himself and, sadly, thereby defeats any possibility of gain therefrom. I have to say that it is mildly (if, admittedly, perversely) gratifying to know that a five minute face to face chance meeting with him about three years ago at Brockwood, left me with an impression which now many hours of internet communication with him has solidly confirmed. He is surely about as full of himself as it's possible to get.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #248
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5853 posts in this forum Offline

steve sds wrote:
i have nothing further to say to you two

Promise? Well I guess not you have already started haranguing Paul again. You're playing Sancho Panza to John's Don Quixote it appears. Good luck with that.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #249

John Perkins wrote:
it would be churlish and hypocritical for any of us to finger-point on account of it.

But John isn't this exactly what you are doing too? Being churlish and hypocritical? You seem to be the one fixated on telling the rest of us, at least those who still dialogue with you, what's wrong with them.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #250
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1488 posts in this forum Offline

John Perkins wrote:
I have to say that it is mildly (if, admittedly, perversely) gratifying to know that a five minute face to face chance meeting with him about three years ago at Brockwood, left me with an impression which now many hours of internet communication with him has solidly confirmed. He is surely about as full of himself as it's possible to get.

Do "expand" Sir ...we're all ears!

This post was last updated by Dan McDermott Sat, 17 Jan 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #251

John Perkins wrote:
I have to say that it is mildly (if, admittedly, perversely) gratifying to know that a five minute face to face chance meeting with him about three years ago at Brockwood, left me with an impression which now many hours of internet communication with him has solidly confirmed. He is surely about as full of himself as it's possible to get.

Dan McDermott responded:
Do "expand" Sir ...we're all ears!

There's little more to it, Dan. We bumped, by chance, being introduced by a mutual friend, and in the course of a five minute conversation in a very small group, Paul D came across as very competitively (combatively?) 'all knowing'. He recently boasted of having, at a mealtime table at Brockwood, loudly corrected some visitors for employing the term 'in K's world', which according to Paul is 'wrong'.

Therein, I dare say, are represented some visitors that won't be returning. I doubt many go there for the purpose of being publicly abused by self appointed K mouthpieces.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #252
Thumb_stringio P. Lunatus United States 193 posts in this forum Offline

I very rarely post on this site these days due to the junkyard of "me" posturing it has become, but wanted to wish Paul good luck in extracting himself from the needy verbal tentacles of others. Let them flounder and see what happens.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #253
Thumb_stringio Katy Alias United Kingdom 378 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Pavil Davidov wrote:
How are you managing with the winter, by the way? Are you managing to get out for walks? It's in the 30's here but I'm stuck indoors with a stinking cold. My daughter and grand daughters are living across the road now so we see them every day. They've got school places. Their father found work. Tam has some teaching, so they'll be alright.

I just bought a bike and am looking forward to using it each day, soon as I'm better.

Yes, it was especially icy here this morning...we're going for a longish walk tomorrow - just in east Essex, not far away.

Good that you've bought a bike. Hope you're cold is better soon.
Talking of which, I've just started a maple syrup diet/fast this week - it's like a cold remedy to drink; lemon, ginger and maple syrup. (Some people prefer cayenne pepper to ginger).

Great, too, that your family's move has gone so well.

K2

This post was last updated by Katy Alias (account deleted) Sat, 17 Jan 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #254

John Perkins wrote:
He is surely about as full of himself as it's possible to get.

A person needs an extra layer of confidence to weather these Kinfonetian storms !

There seems to be a confusing battle between 'being in the now' (nothingness) as against 'being in the know' (somethingness).

It's difficult enough to change one's own ways without telling others to do so. Also, the message re. 'what is' is about not acting in accordance with a 'should', as such, isn't it ? This said, I for one have been mostly guided ( if not ruled ) by 'shoulds' in life.

I see that, as you said, John, your antlers locked with Paul's when you met.

One of the tags from a Yogi tea reads that "happiness is being in the present". One can but try !:)

Regards, Katy

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #255

Katy Alias wrote:

I have no memory of it.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #256

Katy Alias wrote:
A person needs an extra layer of confidence to weather these Kinfonetian storms !

I think it's good enough to realize there's little real about any of it and few are listening anyway. It strikes me as odd that people feel they're speaking to a large audience.

This post was last updated by Pavil Davidov (account deleted) Sat, 17 Jan 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #257

Pavil Davidov wrote:
I think it's good enough to realize there's little real about any of it and few are listening anyway. It strikes me as odd that people feel they're speaking to a large audience.

Exactly ! And, thereby, what the handful of us do write here sometimes becomes HUGELY important.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #258

Pavil Davidov wrote:
I have no memory of it.

Okay, Paul. John has said what his beef has been about and surely needs to drop it now - and to honour Dev's request that he stops writing to carry on the argument in this slot (in cahoots with Steve).

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #259

Katy wrote: "Okay, Paul. John has said what his beef has been about and surely needs to drop it now - and to honour Dev's request that he stops writing to carry on the argument in this slot (in cahoots with Steve)."

Okay, Katy, i have no problem with you siding and grouping with Paul if that is your desire, but please refrain from insulting and attacking me and making up false images of me, ie (you wrote "in cahoots with Steve"). This is wrong what you did, and you know it and is not becoming of you. Be the change you want to be and what you want to see on this site.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #260

steve sds wrote:
i have no problem with you siding and grouping with Paul if that is your desire, but please refrain from insulting and attacking me and making up false images of me, ie (you wrote "in cahoots with Steve"). This is wrong what you did, and you know it and is not becoming of you. Be the change you want to be and what you want to see on this site.

It isn't about 'siding' and/or 'grouping', Steve...

John has aired his grievance now and there are lots of interesting K themes to discuss with others here. Constantly shooting down your image of another member in this forum with another writer is, surely, not conducive to generating the right atmosphere for dialogue, is it ?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #261

John Perkins wrote:
There's little more to it, Dan. We bumped, by chance, being introduced by a mutual friend, and in the course of a five minute conversation in a very small group, Paul D came across as very competitively (combatively?) 'all knowing'. He recently boasted of having, at a mealtime table at Brockwood, loudly corrected some visitors for employing the term 'in K's world', which according to Paul is 'wrong'.

Therein, I dare say, are represented some visitors that won't be returning. I doubt many go there for the purpose of being publicly abused by self appointed K mouthpieces.

Well Steve here's your "great teacher". A whiny, gossipy person who is intent on presenting an unflattering image of another poster he doesn't like based on a five minute casual encounter some years ago.

NOW can we move on to discussing something relevant to the purpose of this forum?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #262

Katy wrote: "It isn't about 'siding' and/or 'grouping', Steve...

John has aired his grievance now and there are lots of interesting K themes to discuss with others here. Constantly shooting down your image of another member in this forum with another writer is, surely, not conducive to generating the right atmosphere for dialogue, is it ?"

To Katy, i dont want to go into this publically with you, but if you have a sincere interest in really discussing this, we can do so privately.

I came back online about 30 minutes after posting what i did to you and wanted to delete it and send it to you privately instead. But you beat me to it and read it and responded to it. So that is where we are now.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #263

Jack Pine wrote:
NOW can we move on to discussing something relevant to the purpose of this forum?

and Katy wrote:

Katy Alias wrote:
drop it now

Well, let's all try to do that now. Let's realize we are a small number of individuals, each with his/her own dynamics and histories, interested to discuss the issues raised by the teaching imparted by K. No one else is here, No one else is listening. We are not saving the world, let alone, saving the teaching. We are just a few people, here, discussing things out.

I suggest that we leave this thread as it is - not add to it - and start something new. Someone start a new thread and let this one lay to rest. One can't jump start a car wreck :-)

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #264
Thumb_dev Dev Singh United States 48 posts in this forum Offline

@john perkins

As you have chosen to blatantly disregard my request regarding posting here on this forum, you leave me no choice but to suspend your membership. I will be doing so shortly.

Dev

Kinfonet Admin

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #265

Dev Singh wrote:
@john perkins

As you have chosen to blatantly disregard my request regarding posting here on this forum, you leave me no choice but to suspend your membership. I will be doing so shortly.

Dev

I bow to your omnipotence.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #266
Thumb_stringio randall merryman United States 3832 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Katy Alias wrote:
I've just started a maple syrup diet/fast this week - it's like a cold remedy to drink; lemon, ginger and maple syrup. (Some people prefer cayenne pepper to ginger).

It's called the "master cleanser" Katy. Just wait till you do the 'salt water flush". ;) I've been doing it for 20 years. 10 days, once a year. I prefer cayenne, never heard that ginger was an acceptable substitute though. 2 table spoons of fresh squeezed lemon/lime juice, 2 table spoons of maple syrup (sugar cane juice is an acceptable substitute), dash of cayenne in a glass of water.

Stuff happens

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #267
Thumb_stringio randall merryman United States 3832 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

John Perkins wrote:
I bow to your omnipotence.

Don't F*** with Dev, he wins 100% of the time.

Stuff happens

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #268

randall merryman wrote:
It's called the "master cleanser" Katy. Just wait till you do the 'salt water flush". ;) I've been doing it for 20 years. 10 days, once a year. I prefer cayenne, never heard that ginger was an acceptable substitute though. 2 table spoons of fresh squeezed lemon/lime juice, 2 table spoons of maple syrup (sugar cane juice is an acceptable substitute), dash of cayenne in a glass of water.

Cheers Randall,

20 years- impressive ! So it must have stood the test of time.

I haven't done this before...tomorrow will be my first "salt water flush"- what a lovely way to start the day !:)

I've drunk 6 cups so far of the maple syrup formula and it's quite a nice drink but after a number of days, I might not think so.

I read that ginger is fine but will try cayenne next time.

I read, too, that it is best to only do the "master cleanser" for 7 days the first time.

What's the weather doing where you are today ?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #269

I used to do a raw food diet and drank a large shot of wheat grass every morning before my Qi Gong. Now I just down two cups of strong Brazilian coffee and log onto Kinfonet.

Maybe I should think it out again . . .

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 #270

randall merryman wrote:
Just wait till you do the 'salt water flush"

I used to use Oxytech but now I call in Dynorod

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 241 - 270 of 416 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)