Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Feuding

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 185 in total
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #1
Thumb_dev Dev Singh United States 48 posts in this forum Offline

I just got this email from one of the forum participants.

I really must say that Kinfonet has become entirely useless. It has been destroyed by the Davidson/Perkins feud and the Jack Pine/Jean name calling. This feuding and name calling is endless.

Do something.

I am issuing a formal warning to the following posters who as far as I can tell are actively fueling the fires of the present round of discord:

John Perkins and aliases
Paul Davidson/Pavil
Bobby D
Jean Gatti
Steve sds/ Leonard Jack
Jack Pine

and anyone else I missed.

If you are unable to step back of your own accord, I will have no choice but to remove you from the forum.

Dev

Kinfonet Admin

This post was last updated by Dev Singh Thu, 25 Jun 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #2
Thumb_stringio Pavil Davidov Poland 4402 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Dear Dev,

Thanks for this. Actually I have already informed John/Steve and whatever aliases that I will no longer respond to their posts due to their confrontational nature. I have already explained why and need not go further into it here. I appreciate your concern. Could I ask one small favor of you? I have repeatedly been accused, publicly and by pm of getting John and Steve banned from the site. I have had nothing to do with that and have never made any request to you about it. Could you please confirm this, for the record, as the persistent slander creates additional tension. Thanks.

"Wherever you go, there you are." Insight from Mullah Nasruddin

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #3
Thumb_dev Dev Singh United States 48 posts in this forum Offline

Pavil Davidov wrote:
I have had nothing to do with that and have never made any request to you about it.

Confirmed.

Kinfonet Admin

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #4
Thumb_stringio Joan Galbraith France 713 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Does content have no bearing? I mean, yes of course I see and agree that there is discord and that I am a part of it, but the discord I am a part of has come about on account a thread was opened consisting in anti K rhetoric which I have examined. The examination proved itself worthwhile because the K narrative held up and the anti K rhetoric was exposed for what it is, but this inevitably met with opposition. Should I, in your view, Dev, have ignored the anti K rhetoric on account its opposition might cause a stir? Some sort of answer other than a ban would be appreciated. Thanks.

This post was last updated by Joan Galbraith (account deleted) Thu, 25 Jun 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #5
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Dev Singh wrote:
I really must say that Kinfonet has become entirely useless. It has been destroyed by the Davidson/Perkins feud and the Jack Pine/Jean name calling. This feuding and name calling is endless.

Thanks for your intervention Dev.

Hopefully this will end (probably for some time) those endless, useless and in fact 'childish' conflicts that hinder discussions in this forum ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #6
Thumb_stringio Bobby D United States 589 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

I would be curious to know, if you wouldn't mind Dev...why is it you never post here? What is the purpose of your forum if you never use it? Does it have any value at all to you? I'm not trying to be aggressive here...I am just curious. It seems rather odd that you wouldn't be able to find a little time for it, if you wanted to.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #7
Thumb_stringio Richard Nolet Canada 325 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jean Gatti wrote:
Hopefully this will end (probably for some time) those endless, useless and in fact 'childish' conflicts that hinder discussions in this forum ...

I didn't see any of this in your thread about the Head transplant LOL !!

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #8
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

Bob,

My two cents worth:

The administrator should be somewhat out of the discussion, else he will soon be mistakenly taken as an authority, be accused of taking sides, lose stature so that his pronouncements have diminished effect.

Probably better to keep aloof.

max

This post was last updated by max greene Thu, 25 Jun 2015.

Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #9

Bob, just look at the way you all address him, you all visibly genuflect. That is the effect his silence brings about. If he spoke he would reveal his humanity and you'd all stop genuflecting.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #10
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

This isn't the concern of an administrator, any administrator. It is the concern of the dumb asses who genuflect.

Oops.

max

This post was last updated by max greene Thu, 25 Jun 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #11
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5853 posts in this forum Offline

Let's see: Genuflecting; bending your knee to someone. Now who on here has recently begged to be let back on after being thrown off the forum? I believe begging is done on the knees right?

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Thu, 25 Jun 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #12

Jack Pine wrote:
I believe begging is done on the knees right?

Well, I can't speak for everyone but it certainly was in my case.

This post was last updated by Joan Galbraith (account deleted) Fri, 26 Jun 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #13

Jean Gatti wrote:

Jean, Dev was including you too in his warning. Your name was on the list so don't act like it wasn't and you are somehow above the fray.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #14

Jack Pine wrote:
Let's see: Genuflecting; bending your knee to someone. Now who on here has recently begged to be back on? I believe begging is done on the knees right?

Well, that's true, but let's try to pass by the negative stuff and see what happens. Some people only bend a knee to kick you in the groin :-)

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #15

Question: What do you advise us to do when war breaks out?

Krishnamurti Quote of the Day | Jun 26, 2015

Very apt quote, I should say :-)

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 #16

max greene wrote:
Probably better to keep aloof.

Yes, but where will you keep it? Have you got the space?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #17
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1931 posts in this forum Offline

Kinfonet is extremely useful as a microcosmic example of what is at the root of human disorder.

It is all happening here!

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #18

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
Kinfonet is extremely useful as a microcosmic example of what is at the root of human disorder.

It is, Pat. If you speak seriously here about anything you can expect to be abused.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #19

Joan Galbraith wrote:
It is, Pat. If you speak seriously here about anything you can expect to be abused.

John, you ought to know. You're as much involved as anyone in the posting of abuse. I see you deleted your horribly crude post about Dev. I gave you a break by deleting my post which had your post on it. I knew you would sober up and realize this forum is not the place for that sort of crude vulgarity. I hope you will refrain from posting that sort of thing again.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 26 Jun 2015.

Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #20

Dev Singh wrote:
I am issuing a formal warning to the following posters who as far as I can tell are actively fueling the fires of the present round of discord:

John Perkins and aliases

I should point out that I am writing openly as Joan Galbraith and nobody else. Everybody knows how I ended up having to write under a name other than John Perkins, but I am writing under no other name whatsoever; no other 'aliases'.

This post was last updated by Joan Galbraith (account deleted) Fri, 26 Jun 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #21

It happens at live dialogues too. Not so much rudeness but all the rest of the stuff you see here. I went to a "dialogue" at Pine Cottage in Ojai last January. I think they hold one every week on Tuesday. It was hosted by Michael Krohnen and another nice guy by the name of Ivan who runs the alternative retreat house across the drive from the Pepper Tree Retreat that KFA runs.

It was the same thing. People speaking who didn't have a clue what they were talking about. And others disagreeing. There were a couple of people who made some really intelligent statements but they were soon forgotten by others who had not much to say but wanted to be heard.

Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #22

Jack Pine wrote:
John, you ought to know. You're as much involved as anyone in the posting of abuse.

I've tried to get to the bottom with you of why or how come you see what I write as abusive but haven't been able to. I have to say that I think it's a matter of you not agreeing with what I say. For example, my examination of the Moon Doctrine has been deadly serious in both intention and approach, and yet you view it as abusive. It baffles me it really does.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #23

Yes I agree Patricia, we can learn from the observation of this disorder ... the way people react here, their emotional reactions, tell us more than what they say, because what they fight for, all their resistance, ultimately aims at protecting their own self image and their need for recognition ... I have thanked oftentimes some posters here to be perfect living examples of such disorder ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Fri, 26 Jun 2015.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #24

Jack, it's very odd that two people, obviously with an interest in the same teachings, should continually miss by such a country mile. It seems that even if we were the only two people on earth, even sharing a common language, we would be still unable to communicate.

I was shocked at your reaction at #29 to what, hand on heart, was intended as an amiable approach to you in the aftermath of the warning issued to a number that included us both.

I'm genuinely sorry for not realizing that you weren't interested in the Moon thread. You did in fact post on there six times yesterday but I concede that none of them evidence any interest in the thread itself, rather being concerned with upbraiding, variously, Jean, Leonard and myself. My mistake was to assume, obviously wrongly, that your general hostility towards me was on account of my contributions in the only thread I've really been interested in since being allowed to write again, viz the Moon one. My apologies once again.

A question: Do you think it could be at all constructive for us (you and I) to try to get to the bottom of what is the problem between us? Should we actively and deliberately work on it to find out? I'd be interested to try that if you would. Or should we rather, do you think, just actively avoid one another completely? I would appreciate, without prejudice, an answer either way. Thanks.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #25
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1931 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
It happens at live dialogues too.

Yes it does indeed Jack - I have long ago given up on live 'gatherings' about K's
teaching.

And at Kinfonet - just the occasional observation. No point in attempting any serious discussion.

In serious inquiry one is essentially alone - which is fine! :)

Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #26

Jean Gatti wrote:
Yes I agree Patricia, we can learn from the observation of this disorder ... the way people react here, their emotional reactions, tell us more than what they say, because what they fight for, all their resistance, ultimately aims at protecting their own self image and their need for recognition ... I have thanked oftentimes some posters here to be perfect living examples of such disorder ...

Actually Jean - what is important is not other's reactions or disorder - but one's own.

Everything is in that.

More generally - observing the terrible state of human affairs on the world 'stage' - without being personal at all, it is possible to observe it in a microcosm while visiting Kinfonet.

But to make that into a 'them' and an 'us' is simply to feed the general disorder. THAT is what requires immediate personal, internal observation........ forget looking at and judging everyone else!

Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #27

And at Kinfonet - just the occasional observation. No point in attempting any serious discussion.

Well I disagree here Patricia ... there have been some serious discussions, especially in George's forum, but even in this one ... but of course those discussions are easily derived or disrupted by personal bias leading to emotional reactions, personal attacks and aggressivity ...

Anyway the most interesting does not reside in discussions but rather in the observation of those emotional states while those discussions take place ... those emotions tell more than what is said ... and they certainly are an opportunity to learn something on ourselves ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #28

forget looking at and judging everyone else!

Well partially true Patricia ... there is no problem with looking (ie. observation) ... but indeed problems arise when there is judgement (often leading to 'reactions') ... this is why we have to remain 'factual' ... and when emotions arise (if any) then question those emotions and look inside to find the root ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #29
Thumb_3135 Jo D United Kingdom 38 posts in this forum Offline

I have only been reading the forum for about a year, but these repetitive reactive patterns do seem very ingrained. What will be useful in helping us move from any ingrained pattern (old brain) into the new brain? Even as a reader, we may like a certain poster and dislike another, so we can still become involved in the egoic drama. Is it possible to have neutrality without emotional suppression?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 #30

Jo D wrote:
Is it possible to have neutrality without emotional suppression?

Yes.

This is K's secret "I don't mind what happens" ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Fri, 26 Jun 2015.

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 185 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)