Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

QOTD (3/9/16)

Displaying posts 31 - 39 of 39 in total
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #31
Thumb_leaping_fire_frog_by_sirenofchaos natarajan shivan India 98 posts in this forum Offline

Katy Alias wrote:
Life is a struggle of opposites between the serious and the frivolous Virginia

“And, indeed, I will ask on my own account here, an idle question: which is better - cheap happiness or exalted sufferings? Well, which is better?” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #32
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2993 posts in this forum Offline

Tom Paine wrote:
How the hell people type on a phone is beyond me.

Matter of to be used to...I mostly type on phone, as doing now...but keyboard is definitely a better option.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Sep 2016 #33
Thumb_basquiat-boom-for-real-feature-001 Katy Alias United Kingdom 347 posts in this forum Offline

Dan McDermott wrote:
Probably no other creature ever had this option that was given to us. (or if it did, it's gone now, though our intrepid archaeologists would have come upon their non-biodegradable 'mess' by now.)

Yes, a mixed blessing no doubt, Dan....lucky us, eh ?

Thanks also for your replies (#8 and #17) - succinct and very well observed.

This post was last updated by Katy Alias Mon, 05 Sep 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 04 Sep 2016 #34
Thumb_basquiat-boom-for-real-feature-001 Katy Alias United Kingdom 347 posts in this forum Offline

All my senses have been stripped and my hands can't feel to grip and my toes too numb to step wait only for my boot heels to be wandering...

This song is most pertinent to some of this convo...if you can join the dots ! Such a beautiful version of this song so I thought I'd share this with y'all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LwyOSyWpNg Mr Tambourine Man (Melanie's version...original by Bob Dylan)

This post was last updated by Katy Alias Sun, 04 Sep 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 04 Sep 2016 #35
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5853 posts in this forum Offline

Take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind through the foggy ruins of time....

Let me forget about today until tomorrow.....

Alan Ginsburg once said that this one of the greatest pieces of contempoary poetry he has ever heard.

Never heard this version by Melanie before.

Sun, 04 Sep 2016 #36

Jack Pine wrote:
Never heard this version by Melanie before.

No, nor had I , Jack...and it is thanks to you that I found it !

Cheers again, Katy

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 04 Sep 2016 #37
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 961 posts in this forum Offline

Hi Katy and Jack. Always good to hear Melanie. Jack, I hope you get a brand new key (board)!

Sun, 04 Sep 2016 #38
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 961 posts in this forum Offline

Dan McDermott wrote:
And the 'lesson' learned (brutally) there was "get with the 'ownership' concept or get lost!"

Hi Dan. Yes, a brutal lesson indeed. The Native Americans' strong connection to nature was something that we can all learn from though, I think. In the competitive world most of us live in nowadays, an aggressive approach to life is often rewarded and is the way to get on in many spheres. I mean, I can't imagine Krishnamurti working as a trader on Wall Street. Is it possible not to be brutalised by a society where it's every man and woman for herself more and more every day?

Sun, 04 Sep 2016 #39
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1488 posts in this forum Offline

Sean Hen wrote:
Is it possible not to be brutalised by a society where it's every man and woman for herself more and more every day?

I think Paul had it right that the direction is toward more and not less "greed". Where the "algorithm" technology gets used and refined for 'efficiency' and profit rather than to benefit the welfare of humanity in general.

This post was last updated by Dan McDermott Sun, 04 Sep 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 31 - 39 of 39 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)