Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Randal Shacklett

Displaying all 12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Wed, 13 May 2020 #1
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2993 posts in this forum Offline

Hello friends
It's nice to see that kinfonet is still alive.
Here are many old friends and I hope anybody from them have any information about Randal.I know it's not a relevant topic but if I may get any information about Randal shacklett I will be very thankful.

I don't know

This post was last updated by dhirendra singh Wed, 13 May 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 16 May 2020 #2

This site is one of the best thing happened to me. Here read the expressions of minds which were not
From any traditional group like religious or atheists or philosophers.

There was a big range of different brains like Rick, Nick, Paul, Chafia, David, Daniel,Randal, Mina, Patricia,sudhir, Ravi, John, Katy, ganeshan, Eva and many mores.
Many of them are still active here.
I don't know how people tolerated my worst English, Even Nick, who never liked a sentence without proper grammar tolerates my totally without-grammar English.
But language was not barrier and discussion always continued.

For many people like me this site is like a home, which give a feeling of relaxation and freedom, thanks to Dev Singh who is still manage to continue this site as this needs money and commitment both.

Well,in between,I asked about Randal because when I stopped writing here then he was without any definite financial source, and after March 17 I never heard anything from him, so probably he has no internet access.But I think nobody from this site has any information about him.

Well, there is no security.K has provided a very different approach which may open a new door for somebody and this site may become a pointer for that.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 17 May 2020 #3
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 836 posts in this forum Offline

I certainly remember Randal Shacklett. But it has been quite a long time since I have seen a post of his here. Ken D. has said that many of the old timers who were here are now posting on another site. But I can't remember the web site that he mentioned.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 17 May 2020 #4

I doubt that he is in position to afford even internet. I got no response of my email from him. I can only hope that any American fellow can find information about him.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 17 May 2020 #5
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3181 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
I doubt that he is in position to afford even internet.

Yes, but almost all public gathering places...shops, restaurants, coffee shops, etc have free wifi. Of course you need a laptop or tablet or smart phone to use it. However in this terrible time of the COVID pandemic most stores and restaurants and coffee shops are closed to the public and only offer delivery. So you won't reach Randall that way sad to say. Nothing is open where I live other than supermarkets and drug stores and hospitals...perhaps some doctors' offices. Perhaps gas stations.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 17 May 2020 #6

Yes, you are right and I think he was homeless so it may be more difficult to survive in this corona time.

Hopefully America has better care for people with no money.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 17 May 2020 #7
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5853 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
Hopefully America has better care for people with no money.

Actually the exact opposite is true. Even in the best of times America does not have adequate healthcare for not only people without money but people in general. Healthcare
in the US (America) is almost completely for profit. Capitalism dominates the US. And now, of course, with the psychopath Donald Trump everything is up for sale to the highest bidder. Virtually nothing is being done to mitigate the Covid 19 virus in this country. Nothing! In fact Trump and his followers are denying that the Pandemic is even real. If Randal is homeless he is in very deep trouble. I wish him good luck.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 18 May 2020 #8

Thanks Ken.
I request you to share any information if you get about him.
Dear Jack Pine
It's really sad thing.
Most politicians are more or less like Trump.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 18 May 2020 #9
Thumb_leaping_fire_frog_by_sirenofchaos natarajan shivan India 98 posts in this forum Offline

If memory serves, Randall has informed here in the forum some time back that he found a shelter provided by an Indian family in US. Hope he stays safe during these troubled times.

Any info on Max?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 19 May 2020 #10
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5853 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
Dear Jack Pine
It's really sad thing.
Most politicians are more or less like Trump.

Yes, I understand what you mean. But Trump is an exceptional in a negative way. He appears to be corrupt to his core without the ability or will to see, understand or tell the truth.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 19 May 2020 #11
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1931 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
But Trump is an exceptional in a negative way. He appears to be corrupt to his core without the ability or will to see, understand or tell the truth.

Jack - Trump is the epitome of 'self'.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 19 May 2020 #12

Jack Pine wrote:
Yes, I understand what you mean. But Trump is an exceptional in a negative way. He appears to be corrupt to his core without the ability or will to see, understand or tell the truth.

May be you are right.
I haven't much information about America and Trump but I see everyday Indian politicians and they are exceptionally perfect in spoiling, ruining, polluting everything they touch.

Then again they are also product of this society.

It May be a false hope but have to say that K was right that without radical change in few individuals,we have to live in this mess.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 12 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)