Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

New Kinfonet website and forum about to be launched

Displaying all 16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 #1
Thumb_dev Dev Singh United States 48 posts in this forum Offline

Hello everyone,

This version of Kinfonet - and its forum - has reached its end-of-life. For various reasons, we've been unable to maintain the code base and the technology has fallen into disrepair.

In the last few months we've been working on a new version of the site and are getting ready to launch Kinfonet afresh. However, this means that this forum as it exists now will be closed down and will soon become inaccessible.

What this means to those of you still active in the forum:

1. This site will be closed down in about a week. At that time, kinfonet.org will take you to the new version of Kinfonet.

2. You will need to create a new account if you wish to continue your participation

3. For a period of two weeks after the transition, this legacy version of Kinfonet will still be accessible from the new site

4. You need to finish up any conversations you're currently engaged in

5. If you want to keep copies of any posts on the site, you should use the search function and copy them for your own records

Let me know if you have any questions about the transition.

Kinfonet Admin

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 #2
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1736 posts in this forum Offline

Hopefully the new site would have an ignore button so that we don't put an atheist against an idealist and watch them fight. There are important things that k pointed out. We need to examine and experiment with them as much as possible.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 #3
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1736 posts in this forum Offline

And hopefully an option blocking an unwanted member who keeps sending mail to your inbox.

This post was last updated by One Self Mon, 01 Jun 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 #4

@oneself,

Both those options will be on the new site, yes.

Far better though if those migrating over make a concerted effort to leave the negativity and personal attacks behind.

Nothing of that sort will be acceptable going forward.

Kinfonet Admin

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 #5

Dev Singh wrote:
Far better though if those migrating over make a concerted effort to leave the negativity and personal attacks behind.

Yes, there is no understanding in criticism . And more understanding is what we humans need in the world.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 #6
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 836 posts in this forum Offline

Dev Singh,

Is the forum going to be archived? Or is it going to be wiped away forever and for all time?

As you know, almost everything Krishnamurti wrote or said has been carefully preserved, as much as possible.

Don't you think that all of our contributions are just as worthy?

(Okay, I made you smile.)

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 #7

Hello idiot,

The posts data will be preserved in raw form but it will not be accessible to the public beyond the grace period.

At some point we might be able to figure out a way to make it at least browsable again. However, given the amount of work involved in doing that, it is not presently high on our priority list.

Kinfonet Admin

This post was last updated by Dev Singh Tue, 02 Jun 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 #8
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5853 posts in this forum Offline

Hi Dev,

May I suggest that you DO remove all the previous material written over the years without any preservation. Emptying the archive on the forum just as one might empty the mind, clear the mind. What value does the past have in seeing the present, in being aware of the present, of being the present? Jack Pine

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Tue, 02 Jun 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 #9

Yes Jack, I am cautiously optimistic that folks will take advantage of this rare opportunity to start over with a clean slate.

Kinfonet Admin

This post was last updated by Dev Singh Tue, 02 Jun 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 #10
Thumb_kinfonet_avatar Clive Elwell New Zealand 119 posts in this forum Offline

Dev Singh wrote:

Nothing of that sort will be acceptable going forward.

I am very glad to hear that, Dev.

I have never understood why a few people, for some reason, unknown to me, turn discussions into personal attacks. This is obviously not a way to understand K words, or oneself, and in fact may engender fear about participating fully, openly, on the forum.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 #11

idiot ? wrote:
Don't you think that all of our contributions are just as worthy?

I say please try to save all the work that the members did in this site as much as posible.. there are a lot of truth there...it is our history..

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 #12
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2993 posts in this forum Offline

Hello Dev

Is there any way that we can forward all inbox messages to our email?

Thanks.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 #13
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5853 posts in this forum Offline

Clive Elwell wrote:
I have never understood why a few people, for some reason, unknown to me, turn discussions into personal attacks.

Oh thank you Clive. Gosh, it must be wonderful being so pure and innocent you can't even image someone having a negative thought! And you so magnanimously, without any thought of yourself, came on here and shared it with the rest of us. Even though no one asked you to. Thank you again.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 #14

Clive Elwell wrote:
This is obviously not a way to understand K words, or oneself, and in fact may engender fear about participating fully, openly, on the forum.

Not everybody in this forum is interested in k's teachings or self-knowledge. For that reason there are conflict of interest that shows itself in vulgarity and image-making attacks. If we were all here for the love of truth things would have been different .

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Jun 2020 #15
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2993 posts in this forum Offline

Dear Dev
Confirmation link of new site is not working and it opens old wabsite, so there is no way to confirm email.

Thats why I am unable to complete sign up process for new site.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Jun 2020 #16

Thanks Dhirendra,

Fixing that now.

Dev

Kinfonet Admin

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 16 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)