Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
A Quiet Space | moderated by Clive Elwell

The forth-coming changes to the forum

Displaying all 9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 #1
Thumb_kinfonet_avatar Clive Elwell New Zealand 5970 posts in this forum Offline

Hi Everyone

As you no doubt have learnt, Kinfonet is going to be revitalized, including the forums. One can see in Dev's message that all old material will disappear. I am not sure what this means for "A Quiet Space", but it may be necessary to start up all over again.

I sometimes ask myself if it is necessary to have a forum separate from the "General Discussion". I will not repeat my reasons for starting this alternative, but on a recent brief sojourn into the main discussion, I once again experienced the personal attacks that seem so unnecessary, and so alien to the spirit of enquiry. Sometimes such attacks pursue me into my personal account. I cannot see that they serve any useful purpose, rather for me they are distraction into our enquiries.

Given this, I will endeavour to start up again "A Quiet Space", if that proves possible. If anyone has any suggestions to make, please post them below.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 #2
Thumb_open-uri20151228-18124-1kyi3s7-0 Jose Roberto Moreira Brazil 130 posts in this forum Offline

Clive Elwell wrote:
I once again experienced the personal attacks that seem so unnecessary, and so alien to the spirit of enquiry.

Clive, this summarizes everything. I hope you manage to continue with the quiet space!

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 #3
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 190 posts in this forum Offline

I just want to say thank you, Clive Elwell, for providing A Quiet Space. And thank you to all the participants here. Sometimes we get passionate and come at these issues from different angles, but with respect and caring and without personal attacks. I am grateful for the intelligent discussion here.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 #4
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3498 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
I am grateful for the intelligent discussion here.

Ditto!

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 #5

Clive Elwell wrote:
on a recent brief sojourn into the main discussion, I once again experienced the personal attacks that seem so unnecessary,

I should have made it clear that this statement is not a general criticism of all the participants on the general forum, far from it. It is just that there has always seemed to be one or two participants who for some reason, unknown to me, turn discussions into personal attacks. This is obviously not a way to understand K words or oneself, and in fact may engender fear about participating fully on the forum.

This post was last updated by Clive Elwell Wed, 03 Jun 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 #6

I hear from Dev that he is planning to just have a single category for Krishnamurti discussion. He does say that things may change later on, but for now he plans on there being only one main discussion room.

He does say the new software has options for people to create a group of sorts for invited people only to post on topics. At the moment I am not sure what this means exactly, we will have to see.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 #7
Thumb_open-uri20151228-18124-1kyi3s7-0 Jose Roberto Moreira Brazil 130 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
I am grateful for the intelligent discussion here.

So am I!!! Thank you all!!

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 06 Jun 2020 #8
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3498 posts in this forum Offline

Clive Elwell wrote:
He does say the new software has options for people to create a group of sorts for invited people only to post on topics. At the moment I am not sure what this means exactly, we will have to see.

Interesting. I sincerely hope so! The insane disruptions on the General Forum are beyond distracting. I would hope Dev realizes this. And how many potential participants are turned off from contributing by the personal attacks and distractions. Dev, are you listening to your members at all on this? The General Forum in the past has been described as a 'snake pit'. People are simply staying away. It's as if you're trying to listen to a talk by K and the guy sitting next to you is playing a loud radio. Would K have allowed that? Rhetorical question.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Jun 2020 #9

Are we still here? Clive, anyone? It looks like the new site is still up, but I'm still able to post here for the time being. I'll head over to the new website and see if the forum is working yet.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 9 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)