Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Experimenter's Corner | moderated by John Raica

The end is near!

Displaying all 6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 #1
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 2 posts in this forum Offline

Hello, John Raica. I hope you have been well here in your corner, even if mostly all alone. I haven't posted here because you tend to delete threads and then everything I say vanishes. Poof!

But everything in the entire forum is about to vanish. See what Dev Singh says here: http://www.kinfonet.org/forums/2-general-discus....

So thank you for running Experimenter's Corner. Please consider in the new forum allowing lots of threads and not deleting so much. You'll probably get more interaction. While solitude is fine, I don't want you to be all alone.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 #2
Thumb_photo_reduite John Raica Canada 526 posts in this forum Offline

Hellow Mr Idiot ?(?)

I fact I did not feel' alone' - I was checking almost daily the number of people who are reading the posts - so I kind of know whether they have is an actual impact or not.
There are two good reasons for which I delete most personal 'postings'- one is the trolls - who are very good at creating a mess out of everything and the second is -both for the readers & for myself - to stay focussed on the living spirit of the K Teachings which is a very creative activity in itself. So if K's insights are felt as authenic I try to put them into more accessible experiential version ( which is done in all good faith by placing my suggestions of alternative experiential terms in brackets) and by trying to stay focussed on what I consider the main thread of truth of the chosen text. Otherwise I do respond to each and every post - providing they are not written with ill will but after a day or two I delete them in order to keep the emphasis on the K Teachings.

And I probably should add that the Experimenter's Corner is a totally individual initiative which doesn't owe anything to anybody - an absolute necessity for the freedom of expression. So, do feel free to post under your own thread anything related to the 'experiential' aspects of K's Teachings and/or self-knowledge but bearing in mind that if the discussion is degenerating into a meaningless ideological fight ...it may just go 'puff' ... As for whether any posts here are or can be 'censored' - by 'invisible hands' - it is certainly not my problem . I do firmly believe that one's responsibility is to be truthful in what we perceive as true or false

And just in case that there will be more 'restrictive' conditions for the new version of the kinfonet forums, anybody who was actually interested by the topics of the Experimenter's Corner can reach me at my personal e-mail adress john-raica@hotmail.com

This post was last updated by John Raica Mon, 01 Jun 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 #3
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 10 posts in this forum Offline

Hi John

I hope you will continue as you have been with this changeover. Is it your plan to do so? For me personally your contribution has been invaluable to Krishnamurti's body of work.

This post was last updated by Dan McDermott Tue, 02 Jun 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 #4
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 2 posts in this forum Offline

John Raica wrote:
And I probably should add that the Experimenter's Corner is a totally individual initiative which doesn't owe anything to anybody - an absolute necessity for the freedom of expression.

Okay. When you started Experimenter's corner you had more enduring interaction threads. If you're happy and prefer your current format then great. I certainly have read things here and appreciated them. I was especially interested in Mary Zimbalist's book when you posted excerpts. Did you post any of Scott Forbes' book? I'd be interested in that, too.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 #5

idiot ? wrote:
I was especially interested in Mary Zimbalist's book when you posted excerpts.

They were taken from the unedited text, then available for free on the KFA site. Don't know if it's still available now. As for the 'politically correct' version of MZ's book I read some of it but it sounded pretty boring to me. As for the main purpose of the reader-friendly edited texts in Exp Corner, it was indeed to put together a 'body of work' based on the K Teachings better suited for an 'experiential' approach. It worked for me in the first place- and this was in fact my only 'psychological' reward during the last 8 or 9 years As for the continuation of the existing topics in the new format of the forums, it all depends on what will be proposed by the new administrators.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 #6

Dan McDermott wrote:
I hope you will continue as you have been with this changeover. Is it your plan to do so?

I sincerely hope it will be possible, Dan, but not if there will be any administrator-imposed limitations. In which case I'll try to make a mailing list and send individually my new 'reader friendly' edits to those who might be actually interested

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 6 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)